Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My First Week

My eyes stayed closed for the first ten days or so of my life, my ears as well. But as you can see I was healthy and strong from birth. I wasn't the biggest in the litter, but I was by no means the smallest, either. It is hard to tell at this point what sort of coat I'm going to have, rough or smooth.

"Rough" coat does not mean coarse, it only means long, shaggy and uneven. It is actually the softer of the coat types. "Smooth" coat means short and even. There are also medium length coats covering a full spectrums of coat lengths. I should also mention that, while you've heard many people refer to a "dry mouth" breed of St. Bernard, there really is no such thing. On the other hand St. Bernards don't typically drool as much as you see in movies or on TV. If your Saint drools that much take him to the veterinarian - he isn't well. St. Bernards will drool most after they've drunk water, and they can drool while waiting for a treat, but other than that their drool typical stays in their mouths.

At any rate, at 1 week old I'm not drooling much. I mostly just drink mother's milk, sleep, and poo! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment