Wednesday, December 7, 2011

5 Weeks Old

Here's a video and a pic of me after I've been alive for 5 weeks, eyes and ears wide open now, actively playing with my littermates, and now exploring the world around me. At this age we're all still pretty fearless, without a care in the world and, having experienced no pain or misfortune yet, willing to dive headfirst into anything that catches our eye.

Also at this point it is pretty clear I'm going to have what they call a "rough" coat. In this context "rough" doesn't mean coarse, it means my fur will be long and uneven. "Smooth" coats, which most of my brothers and sisters are, have relatively short, even fur. Smooth coat St. Bernards are often eroneously referred to as "dry-mouth" dogs, but there is really no such thing. All St. Bernards drool, but nowhere near as much as you've been told by TV or movies. We mostly only drool right after drinking. There are breeds who drool much more than we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment